Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Complaints

Wow- it's been a while since I've posted! It has been a very busy time with all the shopping and wrapping and lying on the couch watching cheesy holiday movies on Lifetime.
Although I'm still enjoying all the Christmas music and all the snow, I do have a few things I need to vent about: Why is it easier to open a box of ammo than it is to get a doll out of a package? 
By the time I have finally freed Barbie from her cardboard prison and loosened her wire-tie restraints and un-taped her unusually long ponytail, I could have gone out, purchased a Glock, EASILY opened several boxes of hollow-point, armor-piercing rounds, and visited the Post Office. 
Not that I would.....

Another thing: who invented stick-on bows? They don't actually stick to anything except each other. And they get squashed in transit. I think a nice wad of duct tape could easily be substituted and would look equally attractive.
I did have another GREAT IDEA though: instead of gift tags (another waste of trees), why not just use an actual gift CARD to announce the lucky gift recipient? 
Look- here's your name and $25.00 to spend at TJMaxx! 
Ooh- this one's for me- and $25.00 worth of ammo! Happy Holidays!

No comments: