Sunday, November 2, 2008

And that's when the cops showed up.

Hello! Welcome all to my new blog! Or, as my Mom will call it, "Rae's Blob". Anyhow, my blog will be multipurpose: to let me vent in the safety and privacy of my own living room (always a better choice than at the Post Office, armed), to let my friends at Core Fitness know who's teaching what every weekend, and to hopefully dispel a few myths about Autism, such as:
1) Lizzie will someday "outgrow" it
2) Lizzie is actually a genius, just like Rain Man
3) God never gives us more than we can handle (a good point to debate at another time)

Anyhow, several days ago, Lizzie had a major public meltdown involving screaming, hitting herself in the head, and kicking us. We were in a large empty parking lot next door to KFC. The whole crew was hanging out the drive-up window watching us try to calm/restrain/deflect blows from Lizzie. I mentioned that they would probably call the police if we didn't pull it together soon. Sure enough, the cops showed up at our house almost two hours later. (!) Lizzie was chilling out in her room listening to Techno on her Hello Kitty boom box, surrounded by balloons and gift wrap, as it was her birthday. Long story short, no reports were made and everyone agreed that wow- THAT was awkward.......... Just another birthday party to remember..............

No comments: