Sunday, November 16, 2008

Follow-ups

Today I'll reply to the questions people have been asking me about some of my previous posts.
Why "Robicslady"?
Well, that's what my husband used to call me when we first met. Actually, he used to sing to me: Green-eyed lady, Robicslady, etc. You know that song. It was love at first sight for me: when he found out that I had a child w/ Autism, he did his really awesome impersonation of Rain Man for me. Followed by PeeWee Herman and Forrest Gump. Sometimes he leaves me phone messages in all his different voices- last week I hit the play button and it was him doing the sound of our cat fighting w/ the neighbor's cat. He's really quite talented- it's like being married to a parrot who can open jars. Don't worry- he never reads my blog because-quote- "I live with the blog".
Many of you are wondering what happened to my older daughter- did she in fact have appendicitis? Was she not answering her phone because she was in the emergency room or in surgery or post-op? Nope. She was still at the Y Camp with her special-needs campers, having a great time.
When I finally got a hold of her ("Hi Mummy- what's up"?) she said she was "walking up a really big hill and got a wicked cramp". When I finally regained the ability to speak rationally, I suggested she join a gym.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like a parrot that opens jars... That's hilarious. One of many of your posts that made me snort.

Nicki sent me, by the way. Blame her for your new stalker.

Becca's blog said...

FYI- I do go to the gym now! Brandi and I go at 7am! i know! crazy.