Saturday, November 8, 2008

High-Velocity Smoothie Spatter

I guess I do watch a lot of CSI reruns....Anyhoo, the base of my Magic Bullet seems to have sprung a leak, which is tragic because I love to put all of my favorite breakfast foods* such as coffee, yogurt, fruit, skim milk, and ice together and blend it up and drink on the fly while I run around multi-tasking in the morning: packing my gym bag; reminding Lizzie to brush ALL her teeth, not just the ones that show; swerving to avoid the two boys down the street whose parents allow them to play hockey in the middle of the road before school (I swear one of these mornings I'm going to flatten them AND their perky little Child At Play signs).
Ooh- I just had another Great Idea: booze in sport bottles for on-the-go refreshment. I know- Genius!
But my original point is this: people are always asking me how I manage a busy life and a nutty kid and a clean home and my answer is multitasking! shortcuts! dim lighting!
Here's one of my favorite tips: just spritz a little Windex on the light bulbs and your home will smell like you've been cleaning all day! Then turn the lights off and your house will LOOK clean, too! (also prevents small fires)
I'll try to post a new time-saving tip every week.
Well, Lizzie is with her Dad today so I have lots of time to get some actual cleaning done and maybe even go completely crazy and do a whole crossword puzzle!

*some breakfast foods are best left out of smoothies: biscuits and gravy, home fries, leftover pizza....
Drink Responsibly!

No comments: